The Museum has three membership categories:
1. Regular Membership - available to Cranberry Portage residents only - Yearly dues are $10 for students, $15 for individuals and families, and $20 for institutions.
2. Associative Membership for institutions and individuals who live outside Cranberry Portage - entitled to all privileges of a regular member except for holding office in the Museum and voting in Museum affairs. Fees are $20 annually.
3. Honorary Life Membership is granted to a person for outstanding or meritorious service to the Museum. No fees.
Membership Application can be made to :
Cranberry Portage Heritage Museum Corp.
Cranberry Portage, MB R0B 0H0
Please include the following information:
Full details of the Membership Policy are given below:
The membership in the Museum shall be open to all persons interested in furthering the aims of the Museum.
Any eligible person desiring to become a member of the Museum shall make application in such form as the Executive of the Museum may require.
Upon admission to membership and upon payment of the prescribed fee each member shall be provided with a suitable certificate attesting his/her membership.
The Museum shall have three membership categories:
- Regular Membership
- Associative Membership
- Honorary Life Membership
A regular membership shall be granted to a person who is member of the community of Cranberry Portage and pays the dues in accordance with the Constitution of the Museum.
A regular member in good standing is subject to all the rights and privileges of the Museum Association and may
- Read the Museum association material
- Cast votes or propose nominations as per the Constitution
- Propose a motion.
- Vote on any Museum business
- Hold any office if elected by the membership in the Museum in accordance with
The regular membership of the Museum shall be composed of four classes:
a. Shall be entitled to one vote at general membership Museum meetings
a. Open to any family resident in Cranberry Portage in which more than one member of the immediate family desires to support the aims of the Museum.
b. A Family membership shall be entitled to one vote at general membership Museum meetings.
a. Open to any full time student in a recognized educational facility and who is residing in Cranberry Portage and who wishes to support the aims of the Museum.
b.Shall be entitled to one vote at general membership Museum meetings
- Institute – Educational
a. Open to any recognized education or legislative organization in Cranberry Portage that wishes to support the aims of the Museum.
b.The named education or legislative body holding such a membership shall be entitled to two (2) votes at general membership Museum meetings.
An honorary life membership may be granted to a person for
outstanding or meritorious service to the Museum.
Recommendations for honorary life membership may come from any regular member
in good standing.
- Recommendation must be submitted to the Executive in writing.
- Name of person recommended for honorary life membership.
- Rationale for consideration.
A person receiving an honorary life membership shall have all the rights and privileges of a regular member.
A person receiving an honorary life membership shall not be required to pay annual dues or admission fees to the Museum.
An associate membership is open to institutions and individuals who live outside Cranberry Portage.
An associate membership shall carry the entitlement of all privileges
of a regular member except for the following;
- Holding office in the Museum.
- Voting on Museum affairs.
Eligible members can confirm their membership by paying the required membership fees.
Any member of the Museum who is in arrears will not have voting privileges until his/her membership has been paid in full.
Any member wishing to resign will be asked to provide a letter of resignation addressed to the Executive. In the case of resignation, a member shall remain liable for payment of any dues, donation or assessment which became payable to the Museum prior to date of said letter.
With the exception of Honorary Life memberships all memberships have a term of one year.
Any membership that has expired beyond one year will require an application as a new member.
|Regular – Individual||$15.00 per year|
|Regular – Family||$15.00 per year|
|Regular – Student||$10.00 per year|
|Regular – Institute||$20.00 per year|
|Associate||$20.00 per year|